PRP HAIR REJUVENATION
PLATELET RICH PLASMA THERAPY FOR HAIR LOSS
At GLO Antiaging Treatment Bar in Calgary and GLO Antiaging Youth Lab in Kelowna, Advanced PRP CD34+ therapy, or Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy, is a proactive therapeutic option for male and female patients experiencing hair loss. PRP is an exciting non-surgical therapeutic option for patients who require stimulation of hair growth for hair loss conditions.
PRP contains special cells called platelets, which can theoretically cause growth of the hair follicles by stimulating the stem cells and other cells in the microenvironment of the hair follicle. These special Platelet cells promote healing, accelerate the rate and degree of tissue healing and regeneration, respond to injury, and formation of new cellular growth. The primary purpose of using PRP in hair restoration is to stimulate inactive or newly implanted hair follicles into an active growth phase.*
Inside the platelets are many intracellular structures such as glycogen, lysosomes and alpha granules. These granules within the PRP contain clotting and growth factors that are eventually released during the healing and repair process.
PRP specific cells that cause hair growth include:
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF): promotes blood vessel growth, cell replication, skin formation.
- Transforming Growth Factor-Beta (TGF-b): promotes growth of matrix between cells, bone metabolism.
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF): promotes blood vessel formation.
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF): promotes cell growth and differentiation, blood vessel formation, collagen formation.
- Fibroblast Growth Factor-2 (FGF-2): promotes growth of specialized cells and blood vessel formation.
- Insulin Like Growth Factor – (IGF): a regulator of normal physiology in nearly every type of cell in the body.
Advanced European PRP CD34+ can stimulate inactive hair follicles into an active growth phase. As people age, hair follicles naturally slow production and slip into a state of dormancy. If those follicles are stimulated during this time before they completely cease functioning, they may again produce thicker, fuller hair.*
HOW LONG DOES THE PROCEDURE TAKE, AND HOW IS IT PERFORMED?
PRP takes about 20 minutes to prepare. After 30-60mls of blood is drawn from the patient, it is spun down in a centrifuge for 15 minutes at a pre-calculated speed to retrieve the most viable fibrin and platelets. After centrifugation, the platelet and fibrin component of the blood (the top layer) is extracted and re-injected into the area of concern. ** Time may vary.
PRP therapy offers the opportunity for hair growth for those patients who are seeking additional hair stimulation for thinning hair. Results will vary from patient to patient.
For PRP Hair Rejuvenation with PRP + CD34 in Calgary contact GLO Antiaging Treatment Bar, 403-455-0444 and in Kelowna contact GLO Antiaging Youth Lab,778-484-9999. If you’d prefer to email please click one of the links below.
*Results May Vary